An expat posting can have a dramatic accelerating effect on a career but there is so much to be aware of before signing the new employment contract. In this forthcoming e-book we cover all of the major points so that you can maximise your career and financial return. Like the other RealWorld e-books this will be written from someone who has "been there and done that".
If you would like to know when the book is available, please join our mailing list.
We will never send you spam emails and you can unsubscribe any time.
It will cover topics such as:
Career benefits of being an expat
- What you will learn as an expat you could take years to learn at home
- Who you will work with
Preparing to relocate overseas
- What support to expect from your employer
- What to take and what to leave
- Preparing for your return before you even leave - there are certain steps you need to take before you leave or you may find that when you return home you can't get credit cards or a mortgage
- What can I expect from my employer as an expat package?
- Looking after your career
- Networking and relationships with head office - it is vital that you look beyond your overseas adventure and always be aware that one day you will probably want to return home
- Cultural differences in your new country
- Dealing with head office over cultural differences
- Work and friendships as an expatriate
- Your first trip home
- Cultural differences when you go home - seriously!
- Being married/having a partner and their challenges
- Expat children
- Saving and spending
- The most common reason that expats come home early
- Your career
If you would like to know when this e-book is available, please join our mailing list.